There is an abundance of things to do in Hermanus . . . and Baleens Hotel can organise and book the activity of your choice! There’s even recreational facilities in the Hotel to keep everybody occupied. Hermanus is situated approx 130 kms from Cape Town, South Africa, and is renowned for Whale watching and Great White Shark Cage Diving, as well as its popular Golf Courses.
Whale Watching boat trips and/or Land-based Whale Watching tours – (the Whale season is June to December each year)
Kitesurf Hermanus was founded in 2012 by a group of local enthusiastic kitesurfers. There are so many opportunities to kitesurf in and around Hermanus from open water wave sessions at Grotto Beach, Voelklip to flat water lagoons ideal especially for beginner and intermediate riders with Maanskybaai, Fisherhaven, Rooisands and the Klein Rivier Lagoon being favorite and all easily accessible. All of this is just around the corner from Baleen’s Hotel Hermanus.
Kimstar Yoga Hermanus Kim Cornell completed her 200 Hour Teacher Training at the Shala in 2012, training in Vinyassa style yoga. (Sequencing poses in a special way).
Kim offers private, family or group sessions. Situated in Hermanus, or Kim will come to you.
More Things to do in Hermanus
- Great White Shark cage diving in Gansbaai
- Kayaking in the Old Hermanus Harbour with the Whales, sometimes Dolphins, Seals and Penguins
- Wine Tours in Hermanus and Hemel en Aarde countryside
- Safari parks where you can view the BIG FIVE of our African animals, or sometimes just a few of the famous 5 (Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Leopard, and our sadly endangered White and Black Rhinoceros)
- Penguin Colony – 45 mins from Hermanus
- Cheetah Park, near Hermanus
- A variety of bird life, including Owls, and Eagles at sanctuaries nearby
- Quad Biking over the hills, Wine Estates, and farms
- Tree-Top Canopy & Rope Slides
- Fly in a Cessna and view the Whales and scenery along the Hermanus coastline
- Art Classes, design and make your own art with Artists (South Africa is well liked by artists for the vibrant range of scenic colours, dusk, and dawn)
- Climbing Wall
- Kayaking Wine Tours
- Air-Rifle Shooting Range
- Laser Combat Games
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Township Tours, explore African culture, Shebeens (Bars) Churches, local African crafts
- African Queen Boat Cruise, Sun-Downer, bring your own meat and Braai,(Barbequing) weather permitting
- Scenic Road Trips to the Grootebos private nature reserve, exotic Fauna and Flora
- Cape Floral Kingdom, World Heritage plant species at Flower Reserves & Botanical Gardens
- Two Golf Courses, Hermanus and Kleinmond, and a Mashie (9 Hole) golf course
- Horse Riding in Standford, galloping along golden sand beaches or in the mountains
- Sandboarding in Hanklip along the large sand dunes, with an Instructor (Summer only Nov to Feb)
- Paragliding – Tandem or Solo (Weather dependent)
- Sea Fishing on chartered boats
- Visit the ABAGOLD cultivated Abalone Farm (Perlemoen) in the New Harbour
- The South African National Space Agency (SANSA), Hermanus
- Bird Watching, we have an extensive range of unique bird species
- Surfing & Kite Surfing with or without an instructor
- Scuba Diving with or without an instructor (Must provide Dive Credentials)
- Mountain Biking, in the countryside
There are so many exciting and unusual activities and things to do in Hermanus, including: Cape Cuisine courses in artisan chocolate making, Baking Bread, Pojiekos competitions, Drumming, Survivor Games, and Treasure Hunting, what more can there possibly be to do!